“Brain Food to Stay Sharp”
“Brain Food to Stay Sharp” Our brains is the part inside the top of our head that controls our body. It is just right to choose the foods that you eat to keep it sharp and healthy.
(Excerpt from Brains Hacks 200 + ways to boost your brainpower by Simon and Schuster 2018)
Top 10 foods for brains
1. Beans and legumes
2. Coconut oil
3. Fatty fish like tuna and salmon
4. Green leafy vegetables
6. Olive oil
7. Cruciferous ( cabbage family)
8. Lean poultry like skinless chicken and ground turkey
9. Whole grain
10. Wine, either white or red ( in moderation)
“Five Foods to Forget”
1. Butter and margarine
3. Fried Foods
4. Pastries and desserts
5. Red Meat, especially high- fat processed meat like bacon, sausages and salami. According to research, the more you eat a plant-based diet, the more positively it will affect your brain health.
Watch alcohol intake.
Drinking too much alcohol slows your reactions, impairs your judgement, and can even cause blackouts and memory lapses. Alcohol abuse can cause permanent brain damage. The National Institute of Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism reports that long term drinking can actually shrink your brain. It also creates problems with the structures that carry information between brain cells making it harder for you to think and react even when you’re on stone-cold sober. Because heavy drinkers often have poor diets, dietary deficiencies may also harm it. Consume alcohol in moderation, no more than two drinks per day for men and one drink per day for women.
The brain is the part inside the top of our head that controls our body. It is just right to choose the foods that you eat to keep it sharp and healthy.